Who We Are?
The Welfare Change Lived Experience Group is a group of experts with lived experience of multiple disadvantage and the social security system.
We are passionate about improving access to benefits for those experiencing multiple disadvantages, and can provide expertise, practical advice and solutions to help overcome the barriers people face.
In particular, we can support JobCentre’s, charities and other organisations to:
· Improve the process of applying for benefits, including simplifying forms, advising on data sharing, and providing clear, accessible information for claimants
· Engage effectively with people who JobCentre’s aren’t reaching, through advice on outreach models, improving flexibility of provision and developing effective pathways and joined up working in your local area
· Increasing understanding across staff teams of homelessness, the causes of homelessness and the effects of childhood trauma
· Develop trust through accountability, with advice on engaging effectively with advocates
· Ensure processes relating to assessments are effective and accurate.
Working with us
We want to work with local Job Centres and charities that share our ambition of improving access to benefits for people experiencing multiple disadvantage.
For your part, we ask that you work with us to gather evidence of issues experienced by local people experiencing disadvantage, that you commit to implementing changes and that you ensure processes for measuring the impact of any changes is built into your design.
If you would like to hear more about us and our work please get in touch through the contact form below.
Do you want to work with us?
If you would like to hear more about us and our work please get in touch through the contact form below